Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fri., Nov. 13: Wis 13:1-9; Luke 17:26-37

Frances Xavier Cabrini, virgin (USA)

For from the greatness and the beauty of created things their original author is seen. Wake up! Pay attention! All creation shows us the image of the Author of creation. Jesus warns us to remain alert for the time of judgment. These words not only refer to the Last Judgment but also to the judgment each of us will undergo at the end of earthly life. We humans show forth the image of God. When Jesus looks into my soul, will he see that image of divine mercy and love, polished by my choices? Or dulled and distorted, perhaps beyond recognition, by sin or simply by laziness?

*Lord, help me to live each moment of my life so that I need not fear the moment when I meet you face to face.

0 comments: