Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wish I could have a magic wand

Believe it or not, Rallione has improved markedly once he started going to preparatory! The changes in the last year have been factors better! We were afraid to "unleash" him on his unsuspecting teacher, but Teacher Liza is a tough cookie, and she's handling him great. I was even contemplating home schooling because I thought, regular school will be a disaster!!

I'll never forget how his teacher had never heard of SPD before, and we were like, "here we go!!!" But it's amazing how things work out. I think having my son in an environment all day long where he can see how other kids act has been HUGELY good for him. His school work is great. He's had some behavior issues - he doesn't understand other people's space, etc., but his "red marks" at school are consistent -- we are working on those.

Rallione is now in first grade and he seemed OK for the first few days, but then they switched teachers on him and now his symptoms are all back. He complained about the loud sound cause by his lot of classmates, he refuses completely to wear socks.He also complaining about the longer hour of sitting in school.

The teacher and principal and the whole staff of the school are being unbelievable supportive, but it's so stressful! I'm so stressed out I can hardly sleep or eat and every time the teacher calls my attention, I jump a foot in the air for fear that he's gone into a meltdown again.

With three kids, managing his symptoms and being an advocate for his in school has been very hard. We are doing everything we can for him because we love him so much and he's the most wonderful child when he's not all freaked out about his sensory issues, but I just wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all turn normal.

0 comments: