Friday, January 1, 2010

Thurs., Dec. 31: 1 John 2:18-21; John 1:1-18

To those who did accept [Jesus] he gave the power to become children of God. Ring out the old; ring in the new! This is traditionally a time to make resolutions, which often involve rooting out a bad habit and replacing it with … what? Often we have no good habit in mind. Let us resolve that in the year to come we will begin each day with a brief prayer, turning our lives over to the Lord and asking for the grace to grow more fully into a son or daughter of God. It sounds safe and simple, but — Beware! God’s delight at our request might lead to quite an adventure.

*Lord, take me as I am; form me into what you want me to be.

1 comments:

Peter Olson said...

Hello!
I'm working on a sermon/message with the same title as your blog.
Looking for insights from you on this topic
How did you decide on this title?
What is the difficulty you refer to?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Happy New Year!
Keep up the good work.
Peter J. Olson
(Fighting AML)